FANDOM


Tennis is one of five sports available to play in Wii Sports, New Wii Sports, Wah Sports, Wii Sports Club, and New Wii Sports Club.
Tennis

In this game you must hit the ball over the net and make it bounce twice on the opposing team's side. The main gameplay involves using the Wii Remote like a racket and swinging it as the ball comes toward the player. The player(s) can choose to play a single game (Best of 1), two-out-of-three (Best of 3), or a three-out-of-five match (Best of 5). They can also choose whether to play against a real-life opponent or a CPU Mii.

Points

Points score as follows:

0 points = 0

1 point = 15

2 points = 30

3 points = 40

4 points = Win

List of Opponents

Minus Skill

  1. Cool Cat: -∞
  2. Daddy Derek: -∞
  3. Gary: -1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
  4. Chicken: -502
  5. Muxani: -80
  6. Huck Finn: -18--3

Not Pro

  1. Hiroshi: 0 (Wii Sports)
  2. Lexi: 0
  3. Mark: 0
  4. Fatso: 1
  5. Fred: 1
  6. Jon: 3
  7. Olga: 4
  8. Shouta: 4-6
  9. Bryon: 5
  10. Juta: 6
  11. Miyu-Abby: 12
  12. Vince: 12
  13. Kenny G: 14
  14. Chris: 12-22
  15. Ren: 22-34
  16. Wario: 27
  17. Misami: 33
  18. Grasshoper: 35
  19. Aada: 35
  20. Abby: 35-42
  21. Dot Face: 38-43
  22. Matt: 49-59 (BEGINNER)
  23. Fumdill40: 57.2
  24. Elisa 2: 60
  25. Miyu: 63-78 (BEGINNER)
  26. Addy: 67-85
  27. Oscar: 82-96
  28. Hanun: 94
  29. Shinnosuke: 98-110
  30. Two Faced: 100-200
  31. Andill40: 102
  32. Twex: 110-150
  33. Lucía: 120-130
  34. Martin: 140-160
  35. Xixkix: 155-182
  36. Alex: 160-180
  37. Patt: 180
  38. Fumiko: 180-200
  39. Fasbi: 197
  40. Sadni: 194-199
  41. Jake: 200-220
  42. Mug Wump: 200-230
  43. Galinza: 201
  44. Julie: 230-240
  45. Carol: 240-250
  46. Vallo: 250
  47. Emma: 250-270
  48. Fentalom: 265
  49. Rin: 280-300
  50. Nick: 310-320
  51. Urbana: 319
  52. Yoshi: 340-360
  53. True MU: 350
  54. Haru: 370-380
  55. Marco: 390-410
  56. Lox: 379-425
  57. Naomi: 420-440
  58. Bowser Jr.: 420-450
  59. Angus: 430-450
  60. Vaxumium: 450
  61. Emily: 450-470
  62. Rasta: 456
  63. Waxe: 460
  64. Akira: 490-500
  65. Luca: 510-530
  66. Mich: 521
  67. Ryan: 540-560
  68. Unacto: 550
  69. James: 590-600
  70. Momel: 615
  71. Misaki: 620-640
  72. Juhon: 620
  73. Deadlox: 620-798
  74. Steve: 650-670
  75. Dudy dude: 666
  76. Kentaro: 680-700
  77. Alvin: 701
  78. Professor Squawkencluck: 715
  79. Silke: 720-740
  80. Jessie: 760-770
  81. Jackie: 790-810
  82. Jerome: 800
  83. Summer: 800-839
  84. Pierre: 830-850
  85. SMG4: 850
  86. David: 860-890
  87. Walrus: 870-900
  88. Rachel: 890-920
  89. Baron Greenback: 920-950
  90. Sakura: 930-960
  91. Stiletto Mafiosa: 940
  92. Ashley: 970-1000 (Sometimes PRO)
  93. Noval: 980
  94. Dan: 990-1000 (Sometimes PRO)

Pros

  1. Anna: 1000
  2. Nellie: 1004
  3. Ai: 1000/1100
  4. beef boss: 1050
  5. Mike: 1100
  6. Yoko: 1100/1200
  7. Keiko: 1200
  8. Nate: 1200
  9. Andy: 1200/1300
  10. Kienan: 1225
  11. Misaki 2: 1250
  12. Danger Mouse: 1278
  13. Penfold: 1296
  14. Steph: 1300
  15. Helen: 1300/1400
  16. Michael: 1300/1400
  17. Dark Abby: 1337
  18. Dave Ramsey: 1350
  19. Martijn: 1374
  20. Kathrin: 1400
  21. Víctor: 1400/1500
  22. Donkey Kong: 1400/1500
  23. Leo P: 1446
  24. Christina: 1500
  25. Takumi: 1500
  26. Hayley: 1500/1600
  27. Mario: 1520-1560
  28. Daisuke: 1600
  29. Theo: 1600/1700
  30. Saburo: 1700
  31. Tyrone: 1700/1800
  32. Abigail (Mrluigiguy67): 1700/1800
  33. Eva: 1800/rarely 1700
  34. Carl: 1800
  35. Maria: 1800/rarely 1900
  36. Tatsuaki: 1900

Superstars

  1. Shades: 2100
  2. Theodore: 2100
  3. Dark Miyu: 2100/2200
  4. Lenny 2: 2115
  5. Maddie: 2200
  6. Nic: 2300
  7. Christopher: 2400
  8. Jimmy Neutron: 2400/2500
  9. Pierre 2: 2500
  10. Enrique: 2600
  11. Suki: 2600
  12. Addy: 2700
  13. Boxer Dave: 2700
  14. Simon: 2700
  15. MrBeast: 2700/2800
  16. Cathy: 2800
  17. Chris 2: 2800
  18. Rocky: 2900

Super Star Pros

  1. Nolan 1: 3000/3100
  2. Nolan 2: 3100
  3. Nathaniel Bandy: 3100/3200
  4. Beef Nugget: 3125
  5. Skylox: 3150
  6. Greg Heffley: 3200/3300
  7. Funta: 3450
  8. Shunta: 3500
  9. Luigi: 3600
  10. Theopoulos: 3600/3700
  11. Judson: 3700
  12. Plank: 3800
  13. Bomberman: 3853
  14. Cindy: 3900
  15. Nugget: 3900/4000 (Sometimes Quad Pro)

Quad Pros and Above

  1. Dave: 4000
  2. Derek: 4200
  3. Jimmy: 4200/4300
  4. Xavier: 4500
  5. Santa: 5000
  6. Miifault (Male): 5000
  7. Kate: 5050
  8. Zelda: 5100
  9. Iubana: 5820-5830
  10. Hilvi: 6174
  11. Northwest: 6600
  12. Dark Luca: 6608
  13. Meggy: 7000
  14. Sota 2: 8000
  15. Arthur: 8100
  16. Carl Wheezer: 8100
  17. King Dedede: 9000-10001
  18. Ay: 9909
  19. Ariella: 10000
  20. Max: 12556
  21. Albert: 12895
  22. Ahmed: 42,000
  23. Christine: 48,000
  24. Bathaniel Nandy: 58,000
  25. Misy: 80,000
  26. Akira 2: 80,230
  27. Shane Dawson: 100,000
  28. Zang-hou: 135,000
  29. TWD98: 999,999
  30. Desadader: 6,243,575
  31. Dillon: 7,950,000
  32. Naz: 8,930,000
  33. You're mom: 45,000,000
  34. zxzxbeard: 8,000,000,000
  35. Ella: 3,000,000,000,000
  36. Jack: 1,000,000,000,000,000
  37. Sophie: 7,000,000,000,000,000
  38. Jocelynn: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
  39. Michael Tutori: 101204
  40. Terry: 103057

Champions

Original Wii Sports

New Wii Sports

Wah Sports

Notes about the Champions

Mohamed and Ahmed (the smash brothers)

Mohamed and Ahmed are the new champions of Tennis. However, there are more opponents to face after them.

Sam

Sam is a champion of Tennis. However, there are more opponents to face after him.

Hiroshi and Jippy

Hiroshi and Jippy are champions of Tennis. They have skill levels of 999,999. However, there are more opponents to face after them.

Motak and Haxi

Motak is a champion of Tennis and has a level of 10,000,394. His teammate is Haxi, with a skill level of 5,000,000,000. Both have special features that allow them to move very extremely fast and always have near-perfect swings. However, there are more opponents to face after them.

Waluigi

Waluigi has a level of 101758. He is very good at Tennis, and has near-perfect swings. He is very fast. It takes, on average, 1,000 times before you can score even one point. He doubles with himself. He doubles with Juan Manuel after you defeat him in a match.

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel is the third-to-last opponent of Tennis and a testament to your skill in the sport. His chance of hitting fast balls is 99%, and his chance of missing / getting a "!" is 1%. Meaning it could take HOURS for you to come close to beating him. Juan Manuel is faced after defeating Waluigi. He doubles with Waluigi, but he can double with Rebecca after you defeat him in a match.

Rebecca

Rebecca is the second-to-last opponent of Tennis and a testament to your skill in the sport. Her chance of hitting fast balls is 99.99%, and her chance of missing / getting a "!" is 0.01%. Meaning it could take DAYS for you to come close to beating her. If you do however, you will unlock the cosmic racket! Rebecca is faced after defeating Juan Manuel. She doubles with Juan Manuel, but she can double with Guru Ant after you defeat her in a match.

Guru Ant

Guru Ant is the last opponent of Tennis and a testament to your skill in the sport. His chance of hitting fast balls is 99.99999999999999%, and his chance of missing / getting a "!" is 0.00000000000000001%. Meaning it could take YEARS for you to come close to beating him. Guru Ant is faced after defeating Rebecca. He doubles with Rebecca.

Skill Level

The Miis that are able to appear on your team are never opponents unless you lose the first match are: Hiroshi (Original Wii Sports) Gary, Chicken, Muxani, Huck Finn, Lexi, Mark, Fatso, Fred, Jon, Olga, Shouta, Bryon, Juta, Miyu-Abby, Vince, Chris, Kenny G, Ren, Wario, Misami, Grasshoper, Aada, Abby and Dot Face. When you reach skill 2000, you will get more skill points (per single match):

  • CPU has 0 points = +500 skill points
  • CPU has 1 point = +350 skill points
  • CPU has 2 points = +150 skill points
  • CPU has 3 points = +50 skill points
  • Deuce and you win: +10 skill points
  • Deuce and you lose: -30 skill points
  • CPU wins and you have 3 points = -50 skill points
  • CPU wins and you have 2 points =  -150 skill points
  • CPU wins and you have 1 point = -350 skill points
  • CPU wins and you have 0 points = -500 skill points

This is good for getting more skill points faster because the champion Motak has a very high skill level, and you must play for a long time to face him. His skill level is 9,800,000 - 10,000,394.

Training

There are three different training modes for this sport: Wii Sports: Returning Balls, Timing Your Swing, and Target Practice.

Returning Balls

In Returning Balls, the player must strike as many balls as he or she can to the other side of the net. [[1]] is standing there and she serves the balls towards him or her. The further the player gets, roughly the harder and faster Elisa serves the balls, which means it becomes harder and harder to return them. The player is disqualified on the first mistake he or she makes (either missing the ball or hitting it outside the tennis field).

  • Bronze medal = 12
  • Silver medal = 25
  • Gold medal = 50
  • Platinum medal = 80

In a Wii Fitness test, Elisa serves 50 balls. If the player makes a mistake, the game will just continue until all 50 balls are returned.

Timing Your Swing

In Timing Your Swing, the player must strike the ball into the orange zone. The further the player gets, the smaller the orange zone will get and the harder it will be for the player to hit the orange zone. Also, the orange zone sometimes moves. The player is disqualified on the first mistake he or she makes (either not hitting the ball in the orange net or missing the ball).

  • Bronze medal = 7
  • Silver medal = 15
  • Gold medal = 30
  • Platinum medal = 50

In a Wii Fitness test, Elisa serves 30 balls. If the player makes a mistake, the game will just continue.

Hints

  • Time your swing to strike the ball into the orange zone. To make the ball go left, swing a little early, and to make the ball go right you have to swing a little late. For left-handed players, it’s the other way around.

Target Practice

In Target Practice, the player has to hit the target with the ball. At the start of the game, the bricks of the wall are all white. But if the player hits a point on the wall with the ball several times, the bricks will get darker and darker there and finally they will break, leaving a hole in the wall. The target will be on a different place every time the player hits it. At the beginning of the game, the target will stay in the middle of the wall, but when the player gets further, the target will be anywhere on the wall. The game ends immediately after the player has made his or her first mistake (either missing the ball or hitting it pass the walls).

  • Bronze medal = 5
  • Silver medal = 10
  • Gold medal = 20
  • Platinum medal = 40

In a Wii Fitness test, there are 10 targets to hit. If the player makes a mistake, the game will just continue until the player has hit the target 10 times.

Hints

  • Time your swing to shoot the ball on the target. Keep in mind that it doesn’t matter if you sometimes hit the wall instead of the target. It’s better to take your time to come as far as possible, so don’t swing too hard and strike high balls when necessary. This gives you more time to return the ball and it will make it easier to hit the target the next time. Also you reduce the chance that the wall will break this way.

Wii Sports Club

The game reappears as one of the current games in Wii Sports Club. Unlike in Wii Sports, shots like smash hits and topspin have been re-added. The single game works similar to Table Tennis from Wii Sports Resort as the player has to get 6 points and a match point to win. 

The first CPUs faced are Pit and Olga (in original Wii Sports Club), or Alex and Elena (in New Wii Sports Club) at Level 1, while the champions are Alice and Barbara (in original Wii Sports Club), or Sara and Emily (in New Wii Sports Club), faced at Level ★5. When the player beats the champions, they get to use a frying pan as a racket by holding down the 1 button with the Mii select screen displayed, and then pressing A.

People never faced in person and are partners are Araceli, Marie, Rui, Chris, Helen, Piper, Thierry, Fidel, Taylor, K.K. Slider, John Lennon, Colton, Connor, Matt, Sam, Justin, SwordOfSeals, NMeade, and Olivia. After Grade ★10, the player will start facing CPUs not faced in any Grade or just any.

Once the player's Grade reaches ★1,000,000, they must face the Ultimate Champions, Eva and Motak.

Starters

Level 1: Araceli, Marie, Rui, Chris, Helen, Thierry, Taylor, Olivia, K.K. Slider, John Lennon, Colton, Connor, Matt, Sam, Justin, SwordOfSeals, NMeade, Bob, Rob (Partner only) Pit, Olga, Hee-joon, Alex, Elena, Radai-beng, Alvin (Opponents)

Level 2: Mitsu, Carlo, Jolly, Xiaoyan

Level 3: Dunbar, Jianjun, Merrick

Level 4: Joana, Jesús, Tommy

Level 5: Se-young, Laura, André, Tom

Level 6: Maria, John, Kang-li

Level 7: Irina, Kaori, Hyun-woo, Sumy

Level 8: Sophia, Enrique, Aodhan

Level 9: Cristina, Pavel, Xiao-Tong, Theodore, Simon

Level 10: Eduardo, Adrien, Piper, Fidel, Vincent

Pros - Stars

Level ★1: Rie, Clara, Jeff, Katherine

Level ★2: Jin-ah, Frank

Level ★3 Xixi, Dylan

Level ★4: Anne, Gerald

Level ★5 (These CPUs are faced at Level ★4, but when the player gets to Level ★5, they have to face the champions): Susie, Zi-Kai, Anna, Takeru, Alexis

Level ★6: Akira, Marit, Sasha

Level ★7: Giulia, Bowen, Donna

Level ★8: Patricia, Ilka, Kate, Simon

Level ★9: Claudia, David, Ricardo

Level ★10: Na-rae, Elena, Xiaojian, Matt, Léonie, Joost, Barry, Pedro, Maximilian, Mizuho, Polly, Mark, Massimo, Bernardo, Xue-Ren, Eoin, Christopher, Renee, Barbara (Champion), Alice (Champion), Sara (Champion), Emily (Champion), Hideko (Legendary Champion), Hazuki (Legendary Champion)

Level ★11: Xavier

Level ★15: Harper

Ultimate Champion

Level ★75,000,001: Motak. His partner is Eva, with a Grade of ★75,000,000.

Champion

Level ★1,000,000,000,000: Waluigi

Final Opponent

Level ★Infinity: Rebecca. She has no partner, she can take you and your partner on with one leg blindfolded and her arms tied behind her back upside down!

Punch Out Sports

Glass Joe: 10-40

Gabby Jay: 15-50

King Hippo: 30-70

Von Kaiser: 50-100

Drago Chan: 100-150

Bear Hugger: 200-250

Wade Hixton: 300-500

Pizza Pasta: 400-600

Mr Dream: 500-800

Great Tiger: 600-1000 (SOMETIMES PRO)

Disco Kid: 800-1000 (SOMETIMES PRO)

Narcis Prince: 900-1200 (USUALLY PRO)

Don Flamenco: 1000-1300 (ALWAYS PRO)

Bob Charlie: 1100-1300

King Hippo: 1200-1300

Piston Hondo: 1300-1500

Nick Bruiser: 1400-1600

Rick Bruiser: 1500-1550

Jessie Argo: 1600-1800

Aran Ryan: 1700-1900

Super Macho Man: 1800-2000

Mr. Sandman-1900-2000

Donkey Kong: 2000

Bowser: 2000

Elizabeth Kyo: 2000-2300

Champion: Mimi Li: 2000-3000

Wii Sports 3

Hiroshi: 0-2

Chris: 10-12

Naomi: 12-14

Miyu: 40-50 (BEGINNER)

Matt: 50-60 (BEGINNER)

Mario Sports

In this sport they only do difficulties

Beginner: Luigi, Waluigi, Toad,

Standard:

Advanced:

Expert:

Master:

Wii Sports Club 2

Level 1- Haixang and

Trivia

  • Pressing 1 or 2 before the screen where you select your players will make you play on a blue tennis court (the practice one) and not the grassy one.
  • This is the only Sport in Wii Sports in which you do not face random opponents after defeating the champion.
    • It is also the only sport where you can't go against some opponents at all ([[2]], [[3]], [(Wii Sports)|Chris], [[4]] and [[5]]) unless you lose the first match against [[6]] and Matt.
  • To watch a computer generated game, you have to set all of your players to [[7]].
  • You can play in a tennis match all by yourself by setting all four players to your Mii. However, you don't gain (or lose) any skill points.
  • You only gain skill points if you face a team of solely CPUs. This means that you can have a real-life teammate and both of you still gain skill points (unless one or both of your skills are too high).
  • If you are playing with a real-life teammate, your opponents will be a CPU that is at your level, and a CPU that is at your teammates' level. For instance, [[8]] could partner with [[9]].
  • In Wii Sports Club Tennis you can actually end up hitting a ball really soft, causing it to go a bit slower to the other team, unlike in Wii Sports. The game tells you if it was a hit like this when an exclamation mark appears on top of the character that hits the ball. This gives the other team a chance to slam the ball back full force, making it really hard for the team that caused this to return it. It's kind of like Table Tennis in Wii Sports Resort, where the Miis end up hitting the ball real soft, causing it to go slowly to the other player, giving the other player a chance to slam it full force.
    • There's also a reward for you defeating the Wii Sports Club Tennis Champions. You get a frying pan. In the original Wii Sports, you get nothing.
    • The court in Wii Sports Club also looks completely different, as it has bigger stands for the crowd to sit on and watch the game and it also has the appearance of a Tennis Court that's PART of a building, what with the Vending Machine, the Stairs, the Panels covering the Stands from sunlight, etc. The Tennis Court in Wii Sports only shows to be in green, open plains of grass and trees with buildings NEAR it. The Tennis Court in Wii Sports Club seems to be part of a Building while the Tennis Court in Wii Sports had Buildings near it.
  • In the Doctor Who episode The Power of Three, the Doctor can be seen playing Tennis on a Wii. (Source: https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Wii)
  • In the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Greg Heffley says that his tennis skills come from "playing Ultimate Tennis on the Wii". He could be referring to this game. (Source: https://diary-of-a-wimpy-kid.fandom.com/wiki/Diary_of_a_Wimpy_Kid:_Dog_Days_(film))
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.